Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day on the ice

I've always wanted to visit New York City. There's so much to see but one thing I'd like to do if I visited would be to go ice skating in Central Park. At least I think that's where it is? But until then, I'll be visiting Rosa Parks Circle Ice Rink. What a deal! They have free ice skate rental and you only pay $1 admission! Our downtown is such a beautiful place as it is but the Monroe mall is one of my top five places to hang out around Grand Rapids. There's always something happening in the Rosa Parks Circle and the winter time is no different. But the ice rink is only open until March 1st! It is West Michigan's first refrigerated outdoor skating rink. They are open Mon-Thu from 6-9:30pm; Fri. from 6-10pm; Sat. from noon-10pm; and Sun. from 2-9:30pm. Be sure to bring some ID for the skate rental. The other great thing about this place is that you'll get free parking anywhere downtown on the street during their open hours. So take advantage of the warmest weather this week and take your sweetie on a romantic date to the ice rink. Just dress warm!

No comments: